Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation (Fontana Lake Adventures, part 2)

The first child that I birthed would be the third person in the water, after  Mamma proved to her that it wasn't such a big deal after all.  Because, as we all know, Mamma doesn't do big deals anyway.

I'll spare you the rest.










Hannah wasn't pleased with the fact that after several minutes on the tube, Haley wasn't wet at all.  In fact, Haley even had us bring the tube to the side of the boat so that she could get on without getting in the water.







Hannah tried and tried to get Haley to fall off, but it ultimately was Travis that had to "accidentally" flip her over.











Of course, I can only speak for myself when I say that had I known how deep this water was, I certainly don't believe that I would have been out there.  It wasn't until after the tubing that we went to the dam and I realized that Fontana is one of the deepest lakes in North America. 
Fontana Lake is over 400 ft deep!  I know of at least one other Hodges girl who most likely would not have tubed had she known the true depth!




A fun time was had by all!

(to be continued)



3 comments:

  1. Memories, what fun...but would you do that again Kim...400ft....proud of you gal for enjoying that scary time with your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....I have a feeling the other Hodges is me!!! Aunt Eli wouldn't have gotten in! lol love it! I totally see Haley in me about not wanting to get wet! love love love the pictures and updates! miss you all! so proud of you Kim!!:)

    ReplyDelete